Friday, November 14, 2014

Malibu midday picture of the day - Friday, November 14, 2014

Dear Family, Friends, and Gentle Readers,

Didn't get a morning pic out today (was at an appointment), so midday will have to do...






















I loved the line of little clouds bordering the horizon this afternoon (taken about 1 PM).

Today's 2nd view  captures some of the cotton candy-like clouds above.

Nearly half of November is gone people. If you had a plan for this month, better hustle...




Would you believe I was late to work because I paid a guy to put his appendage up my ass? TMI I'm sure! Don't you fellow OGs (old guys) love going to the doctor? (a little middle-age-man humor, very little...) He told me I was too young for a shingles vaccine; I don't get "you're too young" very often, so I savored it...

On my walk home from the appointment at Kaiser in EastHo this AM I cut down an alley and encountered some of this street art. There's a lot of it in this part of town. I'm going to try to capture it whenever I pass by. Try to think of it as a preview of collection of The Hell's Edge Museum of Street Art.


Untitled street skull, 2014, spray paint on cinder block, Anonymous, back alley behind Kaiser Edgemont
Skulls show up a lot in street art. It's the general fascination with mortality. The Halloween theme is big in the other portions of this alley mural. I'll post more in later posts.

I was told by a local merchant that my part of town near the intersection of Melrose and Heliotrope is called affectionately "Hell-Mel." Cute. Since I have lived on both Heliotrope and Edgemont nearly all of my life, my own coinage is  Hell's Edge.

This Sunday my band will be playing a few numbers in the community band showcase at "Mouse-schwitz" (AKA Disneyland). BTW: This weekend is unoffically "Gay Days" at the Magic Kingdom. If same-sex couples freak you out, you'd better go to Knott's or Universal.

Have a wonderful weekend otherwise.

Love,
Pops

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be truthful and frank, but be polite. If you use excessive profanity, I'll assume you have some kind of character flaw like Dr. Wong. Tks!