Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Simi Valley morning picture of the day - Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Hello all,

This one is up a day late. We were all ordered up to the Reagan Presidential Library in Simi Valley for an all-day retreat, and I did not have access to the Internet to post.

























Waves on the pacific ocean do not give you contrasting shadows in morning light like this, do they? There are some things to like in Simi Valley, trust me.

Here's a second view.

Whatever your political persuasions may be, the Reagan Library is a very interesting place to visit. They have a full-scale re-creation of the Oval Office--furnished as President Reagan had it, of course. To get a physical sense of where the president goes to work is worth price of admission alone.

Next, they have the Air Force One jet that Reagan regularly flew in. You get to walk in the front door and out the back. They got it furnished as he had it when he was in office.

And lastly, if you lived through the 1980s, or if you want to get sense of the media space that was in people's head at that time, going through and and observing all the video exhibits really put you there.

Watching all the news reports of that period reminded me of feelings and thoughts that I had back in my early to mid-20s. It was eerie and gave me a feeling of walking through home territory where I had not trod in decades. I highly recommend a visit. If you are a Reagan-hater, as some of my friends are, you may take great delight in watching the video of the assassination attempt (and if you do, please don't tell me about it).

Now, on to Wednesday...

Love.
Pops




No comments:

Post a Comment

Be truthful and frank, but be polite. If you use excessive profanity, I'll assume you have some kind of character flaw like Dr. Wong. Tks!