Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Malibu morning picture of the day - Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Greetings Gentle Readers,

Today a different point of view instead of standing up on the bluffside parking lot of my workplace.

























The news report said there would be big waves today because of storms elsewhere in the Pacific, so look out for rip currents. These hard-core surfers didn't seem worried about riptides to me. There are surfers in the foreground (3), one in the midground, and one in the middle of the picture on the top of that big wave (she/he looks like an ant).

There were just so many people on the sidewalk watching the waves at the Malibu Pier bus stop that I HAD to get off and go snap a few.




I have never surfed, but I try to imagine what it's like to stand on a board on the tip of a wave which looks like a cliff three times my height. You know it's water and it won't hurt to fall into it--but still...


Here's my first experiment in posting a video from my camera.

Hope you have as good a day as these beachgoers seem to be having.

Love,
Pops





No comments:

Post a Comment

Be truthful and frank, but be polite. If you use excessive profanity, I'll assume you have some kind of character flaw like Dr. Wong. Tks!