Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Malibu morning picture of the day - Wednesday, August 6, 2014

It's officially midweek.  I don't know about you, but I woke up cold this morning. It was low 60s all the way from Hollywood to the beach today. It was looking more like November today.



















Almost was wishing I had a jacket on, but my body craves feeling chilly this time of year.

Here's a little more of the same.

I remember as a kid taking a long ride to the beach in August and being faced with an environment like this and being very disappointed. How worse it must be for those who take a vacation trip from say, Omaha or Denver, in an LA overcast spell. Looking for a sunny day at the beach in L.A. can be a crapshoot at times.

One last shot here. This was taken from my porch in East Hollywood as I was leaving to run an errand this weekend, very close to sunset. Sometimes you get a cutaway view into the clouds and they show how stacked up they are in various layers of low, mid, and high.

There was a lot more blue piercing through, making it quite dramatic. The sun really washes out anything near to it. Hard to tell we're in August eh? I'da thought bein' in a drought and all that I'd be posting nothing by clear blue skies for days on end.

Hope you're ahead of your goals for this week so far.

Love,
Pops






No comments:

Post a Comment

Be truthful and frank, but be polite. If you use excessive profanity, I'll assume you have some kind of character flaw like Dr. Wong. Tks!