Thursday, August 21, 2014

Malibu morning picture of the day - Thursday, August 21, 2014

Good morning to you all,
Here's your picture today.




















Clear and blue today.
Rinse, repeat.











All that blue calls for some orange.
.... ah, now we can feel balanced somewhat.










They never show you what's on the ground
in these peaceful, bucolic scenes.
A brief anecdote: I ate a hamburger made from grass-fed beef last night, but to contrast I ate another hamburger alongside it made with regular beef.

Was there a difference in taste? Yes, but I could only tell side-by-side with nothing added, not even salt.

Was grass-fed terrific enough to justify the cost? No.

Could I tell the difference after adding in all the other stuff (tomato, lettuce, bacon, ketchup, salt, pepper, onions, mayo)? Definitely not.

Yeah, that's what I'm talking about,
but they can lose the cheese.
My advice, skip the boutique beef. For my money, still nothing beats the McDonald's double quarter pounder. You know the flavor engineers have added something to that meat and it's more than just beef, but they know what they're doing. The only thing my own backyard BBQ burgers have over McD's DQP is the addition of smoke.

Anyway, summer's winding down, school has already started here at "Malibu City College" with all the froshies running about, so gather ye burgers while ye may and enjoy the rest of your brief time in Dog Days.

Love,
Pops



No comments:

Post a Comment

Be truthful and frank, but be polite. If you use excessive profanity, I'll assume you have some kind of character flaw like Dr. Wong. Tks!