Monday, August 18, 2014

Malibu morning picture of the day - Monday, August 18, 2014

Good morning people, it's time to start another work week...




















OK, now this what I expect summer mornings to look like. Two strips of blue gradient.

Here's the alternate view.  It's already starting to get warm today.

I hope you had a nice weekend. My band opened for a forum on diversity in entertainment. I'm told the panelists are quite well-known in the indie entertainment circuit and that an estimated 13,000 audience was there for the stream (there was hardly anybody in the auditorium where we were at). This is probably what it was like to be in the NBC Radio Orchestra in the 1940s--playing for an invisible audience. I am told that one of the headliners was the actress who plays the "bull-dyke" in Orange Is the New Black." I'm too old to know any of them. If I had been thinking, I would have tried to snap a selfie with her. If you are offended by the term "bull-dyke," sorry, but that's how she was introduced to me. 

Caesar holds his
regal stance.
Be still and tremble.
His charioteer to the
right constantly
whispers in his
ear, "You are
only a baby."
Caesar is amused
by the minstrel slave-girl
procured for his entertainment.
All right, everyone can tune out. Since I have family members who read this blog, I'm going post just a couple pictures of my grandson Julius' first birthday party. Since his name is Julius (... yet he was born in August--go figure...) it was a toga party.

It was held at a commercial playground. A storefront enterprise set up like a gigantic, well-stocked living room with every kind of toy imaginable, with all rough edges taken away (and a water slide and water table in back). A good idea in a city where the public playgrounds are filled with regulars who are drug addicts, gangsters, and homeless drunks (because they pay taxes too right?). What a country!

Some of Caesar's relatives
enjoying
the festivities.
There's nothing else to say, but, sorry folks ... Carpe diem!

Love,
Pater Senex
















No comments:

Post a Comment

Be truthful and frank, but be polite. If you use excessive profanity, I'll assume you have some kind of character flaw like Dr. Wong. Tks!