Monday, August 11, 2014

Malibu morning picture of the day - Monday, August 11, 2014

Dear family, friends, and gentle readers,

Welcome to double-digit August. Here's today's picture to start your week.














Sometimes you see something better after taking a picture. I really could not see this view because of the brightness of the sun drowning everything out in this direction.

Here's a look to the right. The sky wasn't that bright. In this case the software just wouldn't believe the subtle color of the camera and kept ramping up light blue.

I learned something recently that I hope you never have to. Those who know me in person know that I am "diametrically challenged" (aka fat). When you are relegated to buying the size XL or "Extra Large" you learn that it is NOT a standard size by any means when you buy shirts used online (and are unable to return them).Things marked XL have ranged as much as 12 inches in the chest. For one U.K. label, an XXL doesn't even fit me. Brit men must be quite svelte. I give up. It's back to the mall for me.

Upsized Coffee Branding
The sizing panoply in coffee. Could you drink
24 ounces of coffee in a morning?
My ex told me that's the story in women's clothes--size labels are irrelevant and you have to try everything on. Which is why clothes shopping with females (and now, fat men) takes a lot of time, not necessarily because they enjoy the process.

Once I asked girlfriend of mine where she would put the size XM within the XS-S-M-L-XL hierarchy. She said she would give me a failing mark in Logic class for even coming up with that question (she was a philosopher).



Some random pictures before signing off. This was snapped at the bus stop going home Friday. I was trying to capture a red-tailed hawk overhead, but it's too small
to see. Instead I got a very still, balanced gothic arch composition. It's eerie to me.

And here's the dying light in Glassell Park at my kids' house yesterday. We put together a Weber grill and inaugurated it with the first batch of burgers, wieners, and chicken. Future generations will look back and think utility poles with wires and appliances hanging off of them are quaint and pictureque--artifacts of a nostalgic urban landscape. It's still blight to me, but there it is. I fought the dying of the light, but night still won and I went to bed. No Perseid meteor shower for me.

Have a great start to the week.

Love,
Pops

















No comments:

Post a Comment

Be truthful and frank, but be polite. If you use excessive profanity, I'll assume you have some kind of character flaw like Dr. Wong. Tks!