Friday, August 1, 2014

Malibu morning picture of the day - Friday, August 1, 2014

Dear friends, family, and gentle readers,

It's Friday and the start of a new month. Looks like August is off to a cloudy start.



















It almost looks like it's raining--it's not. The 3-year drought continues. Maybe some old rich guy is abusing his daughter and the Gods are angry--you saw the movie Chinatown right? The actress Beulah Quo, who played a housekeeper in that film, was an elder at my church and I got to know her husband Edwin pretty well.

Over the ocean it looks like this.

We've slid back into June, except now it's hot.

Time for more campus wildlife. Instead of deer, this time it was a big bird. The birds and deer like the artificial ponds one of which you see all the time in my photos from the parking lot. There are no fish in those ponds, so they're functioning as wildlife drinking fountains while they hold water to be recycled for lawn watering.

There was a crane on my way up the stairs to the building. They are not shy and they do not move when you approach them like deer. Here's a second shot to give you size reference.

That's a steep, uphill fire ramp to my building, and many, myself included, find it easier to walk that than the stairs.

And no, that lady is not heading to a Greek funeral. They say black is slimming. What do you think? (Being fat, I try this color strategy all the time, but I think I just wind up looking like a fat guy in black...)

Jeez, women in black shifts, large cranes, looming clouds, a sea that looks like dark ink. Almost makes me want to write something in the style of Edgar Allan Poe.

Anyway, I hope you have plans for a nice weekend. I have to work tomorrow, butchering names of every national origin over a loudspeaker in front of hundreds of people--somebody's gotta do it.

Love,
Pops


Postscript: Here's a reblog of something I found on Tumblr very funny and very pointed. These guys do very amusing and thoughtful videos. They're worth your time. http://sizvideos.tumblr.com/post/92148351726/watch-it-in-video-follow-our-tumblr














No comments:

Post a Comment

Be truthful and frank, but be polite. If you use excessive profanity, I'll assume you have some kind of character flaw like Dr. Wong. Tks!