Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Malibu morning picture of the day - Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Good Tuesday to you all, here's the coastal outlook this morning:























Clear today. No spooky clouds today. A nice layer of smog waiting to come back in with the inshore flow.

Right in the middle
Three in this one
When I left campus last night, there were some deer hanging out in the parking lot. Deer on this campus are like pigeons in Hollywood--not unusual, just part of the everyday landscape.

I am always amazed how you cannot see them except when they are moving, unless they are against the backdrop of concrete structures or wide areas of green grass.
Two here

 They are highly adapted to being invisible in areas of brown, yellow, and slight green. When you point a camera at them, they seem to disappear from your viewfinder, and so you just snap and then you find them later. No wonder they get hit by cars all the time.

His last picture: Crows in Wheat Field 
I'm sure he didn't give it a name...


Vincent Van Gogh died this day 124 years ago (from complications of a self-inflicted gunshot wound). I always got compared to him when I was young because I share the same first name and I painted pictures. There the similarity ends. No, I guess he was a Protestant too, and he had a good, supportive relationship with his brother Theo, as I have a good one with my brother Randy.

Happily, I am not prone to self-destruction but some would say that such unhappiness is not a bad thing to spur you on to finding essential things to say in your creative output. HOWEVER, most unhappy people I meet are not great artists. Most people I meet are not artists--great, good, or bad. But, you say, they're probably mostly all bad? Who knows? Most don't even try to make a creative statement. The true creative genius of unhappy people is that they're good at making more unhappy people.

Oh man, time to pay the rent ...

One more blue sky to try to pick you back up. What? Didn't work? T.S. Deal with it. Or go paint a painting or write a poem or ...

Love,
Pops







No comments:

Post a Comment

Be truthful and frank, but be polite. If you use excessive profanity, I'll assume you have some kind of character flaw like Dr. Wong. Tks!