Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Malibu morning picture of the day - Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Greetings from Malibu.
Here today's morning sky. Grey-on-Grey Variation 2. Facing the southeast.

1-2-3, pivot. Facing the southwest. Hints of blue peeking through. About the hue of a man's pale blue business shirt looking this way.

















I'm not hanging around for afternoon today. Our office suite flooded with backed-up wastewater last night, so they'll dry and disinfect for a couple days.

I'm told the roots of the eucalyptus trees invaded the sewer pipes down by the chapel causing a blockage that backed all the way uphill to my building. The pressure was lifting manhole covers on campus. The maintenance folks have segregated the suite with plastic sheeting--the loud whirring of fans drying carpet make it sound like working in a factory. My office is the first door on the left. Remarkably, it does not stink in here today.


Speaking of my office,  here it is in all of it's messy glory. Yes, there are three computer monitors on the desk, and yes I use them all. Office architecture is not remarkable here. The buildings really aren't either. I like to say if you picked up the campus and placed it in the southwest desert, most would not think our campus to be remarkable--it's the frame that does it--the Pacific Ocean and sky.

Hope you have a wonderful day.

Love,
Pops







No comments:

Post a Comment

Be truthful and frank, but be polite. If you use excessive profanity, I'll assume you have some kind of character flaw like Dr. Wong. Tks!