Friday, April 4, 2014

Malibu Morning Picture of the Day April 4, 2014

Good morning people! Here's what got in front of my camera phone today.

















Now that you've seen all that blue sky from earlier in the week, above is more typical of an average morning sky at the shore in Southern California. Thin cloud cover giving you grey-on-grey, or white-on-white. As the day goes on the cover will evaporate and give you the blue.













For the above pic I turned just a bit to the left.



For the above back to the right more than the first. 

For those of you reading my novel (by the way, it doesn't really have a title yet--the working title is Stay Put, I Will Come for You), take a look at the above and just imagine only the grey-on-grey--no landmarks. You will meet an "entity" later in the narrative who dwells on surface of the sea. Imagine being that entity and looking at mostly that for a few centuries. I've looked at lot of grey-on-grey horizon in my time, and thinking about the implications of that is one of the things that has inspired some of the driving psychology of this story. It will be several weeks until you meet this entity, but we will get there.



Turn 90 degrees to the right and here's the sidewalk I'm standing on. You get a sense of how high this part of the campus is, but I'm still on "lower campus". If you ask why I only am chronicling sky-sea changes, I would say it's where your eye goes when you're out here. Plus, sky and sea are the things that change the most from day to day. Plus refinement and nuance come the more you limit input channels, don't you think?  If you follow this series like I intend to execute it, you'll see

Now, having said that, I have to put it aside for a little while because I'm going to hole up in the Wilshire area for a week and a half and run my annual tax clinic.I'll pick it back up once Tax Day has passed, but I'll probably just post one picture a day. I'm interested in creating a long string and I'll see how long my habit can persist. What I will do is post a weekday morning daily shot of the Hollywood-Wilshire urban landscape as I make my way to my clinic.

Thanks for looking at these.
Love,
Pops

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be truthful and frank, but be polite. If you use excessive profanity, I'll assume you have some kind of character flaw like Dr. Wong. Tks!