Monday, April 21, 2014

Malibu morning picture of the day - April 21, 2014

Gentle readers and casual picture followers:

This is what I'm talking about for a true monochromatic morning shot:

















Taken at about 8:30 AM from what used to be the "Smokers Balcony" on the ocean-facing elevation of what's called the Pendleton Computing Center. All of the office workers who work in the main administration building, the computing center, and the library would all head to this balcony to enjoy a their smoking breaks. Smoking is no longer allowed there. It's the same 270 degree south facing view as I regularly post from the parking lot but about 3-4 stories higher.

Here's another (but you needn't bother looking--it's the same look into the horizon-less, grey abyss):















Hope you had a wonderful Easter 2014 weekend. Apologies, but I'm turning this into an annoying "report everything that happened" kind of entry here. Stop reading now if this kind of thing bugs you. Mostly I'm including this content to give your eyes at least some color.

I decideed I had to go down to the California Science Center IMAX theater and look at Madagascar: Island of Lemurs since I'm planning my next story to be an SF romance about sentient lemurs. It's well worth your time if you dig looking at furry, tree-swinging animals with big eyes.

California Science Center Across from USC
(alma mater of my novel's protagonist Clete, BTW)














That evening I went out to Pepperdine to play trumpet in the Pepp Band for the volleyball game against my second alma mater, Cal State Long Beach. That cornet in my profile picture is NOT just for show--I actually play the thing.

Blurry, I know. This is just my alibi in case I'm ever
implicated in a crime on 4/19. The smallest guy
on the court was 6'4"--they're all big.
















Very conflicting to be in this position not knowing whom to privately root for (I clapped for the Pepperdine scores since I was wearing the Pepp Band uniform...). Long Beach State had solid defense and offense in the first game--they were like a brick wall, the second game was a solid draw really, but the Waves tired them out, and figured out how to beat "The Beach" in four games rather than five. "The Beach" made the Waves work though. Good job guys.


Played trumpet fanfares and discants for Easter morning at church the next day. If you're a trumpet player and you don't have something to do on Easter, you're not trying at all...  That evening took a basket of stuff to my grandkids. We blew bubbles on the porch of their house before retiring to a marvelous dinner cooked by one of my two beautiful daughters-in-law (Nancy). These kids are the other D-i-L's (Mariam's).

Almost looks like she's blowing a kiss here. She goes by the same name as my mother. My mother, Nora Way, passed away in 2010, so she never got to see this child, but I think she would be pleased that this "Nora Way" is growing up with a happy childhood--hers was far from that, but more about that someday.

Sorry, the novel posting is a little late. Decided to change the point of view on the next scene. You'll get a viewpoint from a girl named "Wen." It'll be up soon.

Love,
Pops

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be truthful and frank, but be polite. If you use excessive profanity, I'll assume you have some kind of character flaw like Dr. Wong. Tks!